Apparently The Sopranos is one of the greatest shows of all time. Dave and Steve didn’t know this when they sat down to watch it and they’re not sure they’d agree with the sentiment, but boy did they ever have feelings about the world of Tony and his band of merry men. Other things they had feelings about: Scrabble,
iTunes description for this week: “Paulie and Christopher are engulfed in a nightmarish journey into the South Jersey woods while trying to collect a debt from a Russian mobster. Meanwhile, Meadow is suspicious that Jackie Jr. is two-timing her, and Tony finds that family demands are jeopardizing his romance with Gloria.”
- “Pine Barrens” is available on iTunes.
- The editor feels obligated to mention that there is a very mild spoiler for Breaking Bad in this episode.
- Dave and Steve wish that the “nightmarish journey” had been more nightmarish.
- Dave is worried about Sylvester Stallone and copyright.
- Steve was okay with Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal flirting in a doctor-patient relationship, but for some reason isn’t okay with James Gandolfini and Lorraine Bracco.
- Dave and Steve have opinions about Scrabble.
- Steve has been listening to too much Hamilton.
- Steve succumbs to peer pressure.
- Steve doesn’t know his HBO history.
- Dave kind of wants to be a mobster.
- The dream of the 90s is alive in The Sopranos.
- Dave spells swear words. Steve says them.
- Steve asks an interesting question just shy of the thirty minute mark, so they never get around to answering it.